Home Page Contact Information Directory Forms Goals Photos Memory Lane Members Knights
Insert Article sheet from the State here
|Warwick Organizational Overview
Warwick is an educational Living History group specializing in un-choreographed live steel fighting. Members of Warwick are dedicated to bringing the past back to life through the study and re-enactment and recreation of arts and skills of several historical time periods. These periods include but not limited to Medieval, Renaissance, Celtic, American Civil War, & the American Old West.
Warwick was officially established in Iowa, January 11, 2005 & is now over 30 members strong in Des Moines, Iowa & interest is steadily growing because of what the members of Warwick do on a weekly basis.
All of our events are open to anyone interested.
It is a goal of Warwick to develop a strong community of Archers, Artisans and Combatants.
Warwick is a great place for people to get together and make history and form new friendships.
Divisions of Warwick
Rules of the Realm
1) All rules of Warwick are from hence forth called bylaws. This is a group of members developing an Organization therefore we follow rules not laws.
2) Passing of Bylaws: Bylaws are to be presented as a proclamation at an official meeting & voted on by a quorum of 60% of the members present at such meeting. A bylaw can be appealed by a member only once at the next official meeting as stated in section (IV AMENDMENT TO BY-LAWS).
3) High Council: The number of members of the Board of Directors from henceforth called the High Council shall consist of no less then 4 members.
4) Eligibility for Office: Officers at all levels of Warwick must be members, and must be up to date on all requirements of said office.
5) Membership: Membership in Warwick is open to any interested individual, without restriction of age or citizenship. Membership can be terminated only by: (1) lapse following nonpayment of dues, or (2) action of the High Council. Memberships are not transferable or assignable.
6) HAVE FUN!!! We as a group are here to have fun above all else! #1 Reason for Revocation of Membership: If a member is a major disruption to the group and therefore causing other members of the group to be unhappy then the group will decide at the next official meeting to put such member on probation for a period of time decided by the High Council. If this matter comes before the High Council for a 3rd time with said member the group can thence fore expellee such member with no refund of membership.
7) Revocation/Denial of Membership: Membership in Warwick may be revoked as provided in Paragraph 6 of this Article for the following reasons: (1) conviction of violation of civil or criminal law (2) actions that endanger Warwick; (3) violation of the By-Laws; (4) Membership in Warwick may be denied for the same reasons as revocation. Membership may also be denied if the reasons for a previous revocation of membership are still considered by the High Council to be valid.
8) Eligibility for Office: Every member of Warwick is eligible for office and advancement within Warwick, subject to the requirements for such office or such advancement, and to the provisions established above. Employment in Warwick, as Executive Director, as staff, as a contractual agent of Warwick, or as a paid consultant to Warwick, does not require membership in Warwick.
9) Dedication of Assets: The properties and assets of Warwick are irrevocably dedicated to charitable purposes. No part of the net earnings, properties, or assets of this corporation, on dissolution or otherwise, shall inure to the benefit of any private person or individual, or any member, Director or officer of the Society. On liquidation or dissolution, all properties and assets and obligations shall be distributed and paid over to an organization dedicated to charitable purposes which has established its tax-exempt status under Internal Revenue Service Code Section 501(c)(3).
Unless otherwise specifically determined by the High Council or otherwise required by law, formal contracts and other corporate instruments and documents shall be executed, signed or endorsed by the Baron and by the Steward.
The Fiscal Year of the corporation shall begin on the first day of January and end on the last day of December in each year.
These By-Laws may be altered, amended or repealed. Bylaws are to be presented as a proclamation at an official meeting & voted on by a quorum of 60% of the members present at such meeting and submitted to the High Council. A bylaw can be appealed by a member only once at the next official meeting. The By-Laws must be available to members by print of the Warwick Book & via the internet.
Constitution of Warwick
We the people of Warwick so each solemnly swear to compete by all articles of this parchment. We shall compete fairly and with honor to the Crown forgiving all others and with chivalry shall we concur all. There shall be no harm or dishonor to any person governed by this parchment regardless of nationality, race, or religion thereto.