Requirements Before Becoming a Knight Archer Champion
- Select a Knight Archer Champion to teach you your
- Participate in at least 20 tournaments, competitions, or
- Sponsor a Marksman to Knighthood.
- Must be an active member of the following Archery
Rosters for a period of NO less than 1 year: Target Archery,
Combat Archer (Either Heavy or Light), and Thrown Weapons.
- Write a 2,500 word thesis on some aspect of chivalry
during the Medieval/Renaissance time period.
- Obtain a written recommendation from the Officer of
Archery, Steward, and the Crown. This recommendation is not only a voucher of
skill, but also one of the highest characters a Knight has to offer.
- Obtain your own weapons rack.
- Obtain your own armor stand (if a Heavy Archer), (Light
Archers do not need this).
- Hand make a true Medieval Combat Arrow using a replica
Medieval arrowhead, and using your Arms colors as your cresting. This will
not be shot, for display only. (The only part of this arrow that does not
have to be handmade, and can be store bought is the arrowhead). This will be
judged and accepted by the Officer of Archery. Once accepted, the Officer of
Archery will notify the Crowns, and the arrow returned to the owner.
- Upon completion of all requirements, and when the
Knight’s Patron Sponsor believes the applicant is prepared, the applicant will
be allowed to take the Knight Archer Champion examination.
- Pass the Knight Archer Champion Examination.
- Upon completion of all requirements for Knight Archer
Champion, the advancement application shall be forwarded on to the Crown for
approval. The application must be approved by the Crown of the Realm (peerage
may only be granted by the Crown). The application must be accompanied with
all letters of recommendation and the thesis written by the candidate.
Remember, the thesis will remain a part of the Knight Archer Champions’ file
in the Realm archives.
- Obtain a Crown-approved Knight Archer Champion Coronet
to be presented at Court.
- Earn 8,000 points.