Home Page Contact Information Site Map Forms Goals Photos Memory Lane Members Knights
Warwick Journal October 2014
10/04/2014 Warwick Members Meeting notes:
- Those in attendance: Kevin S., Brian/JoAnn/Jake S., Brad F.,
Terry B., John B., Jeremiah/Amy W., Richard C., ReAuna C, Martell H./Ericca E.,
Chris H., Micheal C.
- The church demonstration that was originally scheduled for Sun.
11/9/14 has been postponed by the church. It will be on a Sat. after that date.
They will get back to Kevin with the details.
- This year was the last of the 10 yr. contract that Greg &
Bonnie (also working with Lynne) had with the owners of the DSM Ren. Faire, and
they do not plan to renew it. We will have to prepare to "sell" why Warwick
should continue to be hired to perform/demonstrate/etc. to whoever takes over
running this faire. Lynne suggested that we jazz up our shows by having some
banter prepared to say by the winning/losing side in fights since we don't do
choreographed fighting. The need to have/use a video camera at practices was
discussed not only in case we need to have footage to show faire organizers, but
for our members to review for improvement. John said he may have a digital one
to donate to the group. Otherwise, we have been relying on Brad F. bringing his
- Welcome new members who have joined/rejoined since our last
meeting: Colan Kynkade, Mark Richardson, Micheal Collins, Amanda Jahnke, Amanda
Gulliver, Danica Wilson, & Chris Hick.
- The group has had a very productive year and ideas were shared
about what the excess funds should be spent on besides what needs to be saved to
pay for insurance: $50 church donation for use of their space, 4-5 helms/masks,
2 sabres, 1 pack of replacement blades for foils, synthetic broadswords,
something to carry/store helms in for easy transport, supplies to make
collapsible wooden benches (Ivan U. is coming up with a design)/wooden chairs
from Brass Armadillo [will compare prices between both], a used trailer (keep an
eye out for sales), brown table cloths (to replace stained up/faded blue ones),
supplies to build a wooden shop tent (feel free to submit a design), supplies to
make a collapsible wooden table (Richard C. is coming up with a design), & armor
grade leather for crafts.
- Terry B. would like to catalog all helms/swords (whether group
or personal) and check for damage/make repairs if possible prior to our spending
any group money on these. This was agreed upon.
- If anyone is interested in buying a personal mask/sabre/foil
when the group does and wants to save some money on shipping & handling by going
in on a large order, check out www.absolutefencing.com for
prices, as we will need the money to make the order by the next mtg. on 11/1/14.
- If anyone is looking into purchasing a personal steel sword, be
sure it has a blunted blade with a rounded tip. Have Terry B. look at what you
plan to get prior to making a purchase if you want to assure it will be a
safe/acceptable weapon to use. We've purchased several affordable broadswords
with replaceable blades through www.kultofathena.com.
- Micheal C. mentioned that he has purchased animal skins through www.whipptradingcompany.com at
a discount as well if anyone is looking.
- If you don't already have one, please don't forget to: choose a
persona name, pick a country of origin, decide upon dates of birth & death
within the renaissance era, and post these on this member page. Feel free to
develop your personal further, but do at least provide this minimal information
so that it may be added to the website.
- It was voted upon/approved to purchase candy for the pumpkin walk activity.
Submitted Respectively by Yours,
JoAnn Scharlau, scribe