Home Page Contact Information Site Map Forms Goals Photos Memory Lane Members Knights
Warwick Journal May 2014
05/31/2014 Warwick Members Meeting notes:
Those in attendance: Brian, Ivan, DoraMae, Brad, Richard, ReAuna, Ben, Josh, John, Tabitha, Kirk, & Martell
- The Dubuque and Amana faires were discussed. Thank you to everyone who helped
out with set up/tear down. John was paged at the Amana faire...congrats!
- Earnings from both faires were shared during the financial report. There was a
follow up on filing taxes, banking done, expenditures, and insurance paperwork.
- Be sure to use metal vs. metal swords/shields and not metal vs. synthetics, as
some of the synthetics had damage from this. Also, please only use your own
blades/those that belong to the group to fight, as we don't want anyone's
personal property to get damaged/used without permission.
- Safety was also reviewed. If you have a shield with metal edging, it needs to
be covered with cloth/leather. Also, remember to consistently wear your gloves
and to pull all blows. Everyone used helms well, but many fighters were quite
bruised up after faire. We also need to get kid-sized gloves for the balloon
- Tabitha suggested that we rent a park to hold our next feast and invite a
pirate group to attend. Free alternatives were discussed such as the
church/Gray's Lake instead. Please let Brian know if you have any prior
commitments on Saturdays in June/July.
- Ivan was reimbursed $100 in gas money for transporting the group equipment for both faires.
Submitted Respectively by Yours,
JoAnn Scharlau, scribe