Knight Banneret is an honour conferred on a man who distinguished himself on the battlefield in front of his monarch. It is a battlefield promotion which permits him to cut the tails off his pennon (making it a banner) and permits/requires him to lead a company of his own men under it. In Elizabeth's reign, there are only three, including Sir Ralph Sadler.
The Knight Banneret is the highest and most respected position below the Nobles in Warwick. After becoming a Knight Banneret you will be able to start another Knighthood or even become a Noble of Warwick and if available, hold an Office in your division.
Before Becoming a Knight Bannerette, must be able to complete the following:
1. Select a Knight Bannerette to teach you your possition.
2. Participate in at least 20 tournaments, competitions, or formal challenge.
3. Sponsor a Squire to Knighthood.
4. Write a 2,500-word thesis on some aspect of chivalry during the Medieval/Renaissance time period.
5. Have the recommendation of the Crown Marshal, Chancellor, and the Crown. This recommendation is not only a voucher of skill, but also one of the highest character a Knight has to offer.
6. Obtain your own a weapons rack.
7. Obtain your own armor stand.
8. Upon completion of all requirements and when the Knight's Sponsor believes the applicant is prepared, the applicant will be allowed to take the Knights Bannerette examination.
9. Upon completion of all requirements for Knight Bannerette, the advancement application shall be forwarded on to the Crown for approval. The application must be approved by the Crown of the Realm (peerage may only be granted by the Crown). The application must be accompanied with all letters of recommendation and the thesis written by the candidate. Remember, the thesis will remain a part of the Knight Bannerettes' file in the realm archives.
10. Obtain a Knights Bannerette Sash to be presented at court.
11. Obtain a Knight's Bannerette Medal to be presented at court.
12.Earn 8,000 points